Regional sporting organisations have received a major boost with the announcement of the Local Sport Grants Program by the NSW Nationals in the state government.
NSW Nationals Member for Oxley Melinda Pavey said the grants would provide essential funds to assist local sporting organisations increase participation, purchase equipment and improve facilities.
“Sport is a way of life in our community and the Local Sport Grant Program is another excellent example of the NSW Nationals in the state government delivering for the regions,” Ms Pavey said.
“These grants provide vital funds to our local clubs which in turn contributes to improved social, health and cultural outcomes for the wider community.”
• Bellingen District Cricket Club: Upgrade of the cricket practice net at Connell Park, $2300
• Comboyne Tennis Club: Upgrade of two light poles on the tennis courts, $11,900
• Macksville Amateur Swimming Club: Installation of new lane ropes for Macksville Aquatic Centre, $8290
• Macksville Country Club: Increasing women’s participation in golf, $2000
• South West Rocks Football Club: Purchase portable football goals, $5000
• South West Rocks Netball Club: Coach and umpire development to increase participation, $510
• Umdra Upper Macleay District Rodeo Association (Willawarrin Campdraft): Installation of new steelyards at Willawarrin Sports Ground, $15,000
• Western Phoenix Football Club: Installation of full-sized goal posts and nets at Charlie Watt Reserve, $5000
The grants provide a welcome lift to communities as NSW emerges from the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic, bushfires, drought and recent floods have affected NSW communities in recent months.
These grants are important for the local sporting community, in particular the army of volunteers who donate their time week in, week out to ensure local sport and recreation activities are available.
The program awards sporting organisations up to $20,000 for projects which focus on sports development, sports access, sports events and facility development.