The Nationals in Government have announced a number of bushfire recovery grants across regional and rural NSW.
Federal Nationals Member for Page Kevin Hogan said Kyogle Council received a $1.3 million grant to assist with bushfire recovery, which was distributed through various businesses and community organisations.
Mr Hogan said the funds were provided to the council to assist with the local-led recovery efforts.
“The recent bushfires devastated our community and it is important we rebuild together,” he said.
“This funding will provide much needed economic stimulus to our businesses and organisations.
“I would like to congratulate Kyogle Council on the way they have distributed the money.”
- $5000 to Mallanganee Hall Committee for a dishwasher, stove and instant hot water.
- $5000 to Mallanganee Pub for safeguarding jobs.
- $25,000 to Wild West Store Mallanganee for fixing the cold room floor, re-cover the main shop floor, fix trims, replace shelving and repaint inside.
- $4984 to convert an old convent in Mallanganee to accommodation.
- $7700 to Little Cambridge for an air conditioner in the kitchen, two outside arbours and outdoor lighting.
- $25,000 to Tabulam Campdraft for a new amenities building at Tabulam Racecourse.
- $5000 to Tabulam News to pay for fuel for locals and visitors, and to stay open.
- $5000 to Tabulam Hotel to pay bills to keep business open.
- $21,610 to Bonalbo RFS for a demountable RFS training/operations room
- $25,000 to Bonalbo Service Station for external works to upgrade food service.
- $5000 to Bonalbo Post Office for repairs to fencing and building.
- $5000 to Bonalbo B&B for painting and floor coverings.
- $18,000 to Bonalbo Hardware for a mural on side of shop, installation of a laundromat, fix external doors and refurbish ornate internal doors.
- $25,000 to Bonalbo Bowling Club for solar panels and painting the outside of the building.