Bushfire-affected primary producers in the Mid-Western Region have received a much-needed boost with more than $1 million in Special Disaster Bushfire Grants from the NSW Nationals in Government.
NSW Nationals Member for Dubbo Dugald Saunders said 17 out of 21 grant applications in the region had been approved, with $1,033,465.95 already distributed to Mid-Western Region landholders.
Another four applications are still pending, Mr Saunders said, with a combined value of $75,000.
“It’s astounding to think that only three months ago, bushfires were tearing through regional NSW and hitting communities that had already endured the worst drought in recorded history,” Mr Saunders said.
“Now COVID-19 dominates the news, but our message to farmers is this: for the NSW Nationals in Government, you are still front of mind.
“Whether it’s rebuilding sheds and fences, or buying much-needed fodder, this money is being put straight to use to help farms and farm businesses recover.”
Almost 1500 applications were received across NSW, with more than $80 million in grant funding already dispersed.
Applications for the Special Disaster Bushfire Grants are open until June 30, and Mr Saunders urged any farmers who haven’t accessed the scheme to do so before the deadline.
“After the devastating summer we had, I don’t want to see any eligible farmer in NSW miss out on this grant,” Mr Saunders said.
“That includes primary producers who may have already accessed up to $15,000 under the previous scheme – and can now apply for additional funds, bringing the total available to $75,000.”
Applications can be made via the NSW Rural Assistance Authority by calling 1800 678 593 or online at www.raa.nsw.gov.au/disaster-assistance/special-disaster-grant-bushfires.