Premier Gladys Berejiklian and Deputy Premier John Barilaro have announced a new Cabinet team that will focus on delivering a better quality of life for people in every part of NSW.
The new Cabinet combines new blood with experience, and introduces a number of new key portfolios such as a dedicated Regional Youth Minister.
NSW Nationals Leader John Barilaro said the new Ministry would hone in on key challenges and opportunities in the regions like never before.
“Our Government has always recognised that the regions face different challenges than our cities, and this new team takes that to another level,” Mr Barilaro said. “The ongoing drought is still the major issue impacting on our communities, particularly in the State’s west. That is why we have introduced a dedicated minister for Western NSW while also introducing a Minister for Water.”
“Our new Ministers for Regional Youth and Regional Transport will also target the unique needs in our communities and will deliver real positive outcomes on the ground.”
The new Cabinet will be sworn in at Government House on Tuesday.
The Nationals’ Cabinet Ministers:
- The Honourable John Barilaro MP – Deputy Premier, Minister for Regional New South Wales, Industry and Trade
- The Honourable Paul Toole MP – Minister for Regional Transport and Roads
- The Honourable Sarah Mitchell MLC – Minister for Education and Early Childhood Learning, Deputy Leader of the Government in the Legislative Council
- The Honourable Melinda Pavey MP – Minister for Water, Property and Housing
- The Honourable Adam Marshall MP – Minister for Agriculture and Western New South Wales
- The Honourable Kevin Anderson MP – Minister for Better Regulation and Innovation
- The Honourable Bronnie Taylor MLC – Minister for Mental Health, Regional Youth and Women
The Nationals’ Parliamentary Secretaries:
- Ms Steph Cooke MP – The Nationals Whip, Parliamentary Secretary to the Deputy Premier
- Mr Geoff Provest MP – Parliamentary Secretary for Tourism and Major Events
- Mr Stephen Bromhead MP – Parliamentary Secretary for Regional Transport
- Mr Chris Gulaptis MP – Parliamentary Secretary for Regional Roads and Infrastructure
- Mr Michael Johnsen MP – Parliamentary Secretary for Agriculture
The Nationals’Parliamentary Office Holders:
- The Honourable Trevor Khan MLC – Deputy President and Chair of Committees of the Legislative Council
- The Honourable Leslie Williams MP – Deputy Speaker of the Legislative Assembly
- The Honourable Wes Fang MLC – Deputy Government Whip in the Legislative Council