More than $13 million has been slated for safety upgrades on Upper Hunter roads, thanks to the work of the Nationals in Government.
NSW Nationals Upper Hunter MP Michael Johnsen said the work would start soon, with the upgrades set to be carried out during the next two years.
“These projects form part of $640 million to deliver safety upgrades on country roads, part of a record $1.9 billion investment to improve road safety in NSW,” Mr Johnsen said. “The Saving Lives on Country Roads Program aims to reduce the number of people killed and seriously injured on our roads by addressing high risk curves and installing safety features to prevent driver fatigue and lane departure crashes.”
Total funding value:
- Dungog Road, Patterson – $475,000
- Gresford Road, Torryburn – $385,000
- Widden Valley Way, Muswellbrook – $504,150
- New England Highway, Ravensworth – $3,000,000
- Golden Highway, Whittingham – $4,000,000
- New England Highway, Singleton – $3,612,150
- Wollar Road, Munghorn – $1,160,000