Wagga Wagga’s local Nationals MLC Wes Fang has announced more than $3.7 million will be allocated to vital road safety upgrades in the Wagga Wagga electorate during the next financial year.
“From day one, road safety has been a top priority, and I’m proud the Nationals in Government have been able to deliver a record investment across the State to help make our roads safer,” Mr Fang said.
As part of the Saving Lives on Country Roads and Liveable and Safe Urban Communities initiatives, $3.7 million will be invested in the 2019/20 financial year for the following projects in the Wagga Wagga electorate:
- $757,000 on the Sturt Highway to install raised islands and street lighting, remove sight distance restrictions and upgrade seal to high level non-skid surface
- $1.8 million on the Snowy Mountains Highway to install traffic signals with filter right turns
- $310,000 on the Snowy Mountains Highway to install vehicle activated signs
- $450,000 on Snowy Mountains Highway to improve superelevation in addition to the $120,000 provided in the 2018/19 financial year
- $450,000 on Batlow Road as part of the route safety review in addition to the $50,000 provided in the 2018/19 financial year
“We are continually investing in critical road infrastructure to improve safety for our motorists,” Mr Fang said. “I welcome this funding and will continue to work with my colleagues in Government to ensure Wagga Wagga receives its fair share.”