The Member for Oxley, Melinda Pavey MP, has announced funding for six local sporting clubs as part of the 2017/18 NSW Local Sports Grant Program.
“Sport is a huge part of our way of life and the NSW Government recognises how important it is to our communities, for both social and health reasons.
“The main aim of this program is to increase regular and on-going participation in sport and active recreation in NSW,” Mrs Pavey said.
“The six local groups will benefit from improved sporting complex infrastructure and equipment to enhance their activities in the community.”
The successful 2018 Local Sport Grants recipients in Oxley are:
- Macksville Amateur Cycle Club Inc. – $5,000.00
- Nambucca Heads Junior Rugby League Club Inc. – $5,000.00
- Nambucca Valley Cricket Association – $18,000.00
- Port Macquarie Rifle Club – $5,000.00
- Scotts Head Tennis Club Inc. – $12,000.00
- Kempsey Golf Club Limited – $5,000.00
“I look forward to seeing the benefits for the community of these projects,” Mrs Pavey added.
Mrs Pavey encourages eligible clubs to apply for the next round of funding when it opens later in 2018. See: https://sport.nsw.gov.au/clubs/grants/localsport