Expressions of interest are being sought for an upcoming vacancy as a staff member for a NSW Nationals Member of the Legislative Council.
The role will suit an individual who is committed to assisting Regional NSW.
You will be an outstanding communicator and experienced in working with a wide range of people including people facing difficult circumstances. This is a rewarding job that offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the strong and vibrant local community across regional NSW.
This position requires some attendance at out-of-hours community functions.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Case management of constituent issues, including written correspondence and telephone enquiries
- Coordinating community outreach through events and meetings
- Assist community groups to access NSW Government funding opportunities
- Managing a community database
- Attendance at community events
- Telephone reception
- Data entry and reporting
Your skills will include:
- Strong customer service ethic
- Excellent telephone manner
- Sound judgement
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent personal presentation
- An ability to build and maintain networks across government departments and Ministerial offices to help deliver outcomes for the community
- Excellent organisational abilities and the ability to prioritise and deliver on work tasks
- A self-starter with a proactive approach
- Strong writing skills
- An interest in politics or current affairs
- Willingness to work as part of a small team and pick up other duties when required
If this sounds like you or someone you know please contact:
by Friday 4th October 2019