100 years of the NSW NationalsCelebrating a Centenary of Achievement
100 years on, the NSW National Party is proud to be…
· The most democratic,
· The second oldest political party in NSW.
Our very existence has forced other parties to pay greater attention to the needs of regional New South Wales and Australia
Without an independent National Party, State and Federal policy development would be dominated by city interests and city-based politicians.
· An organisation that:
– has the largest membership across regional NSW of any political party;
– has never been unrepresented in the Commonwealth or NSW Parliaments;
– has accumulated an enviable record of achievements;
– has ensured from the first Federal and State Coalition agreements that its Parliamentary Leaders are the Deputy Prime Minister or Deputy Premier, as the case may be, and act as Prime Minister or Premier when Coalition Government leaders are absent; and
– has always been more than a ‘farmers party’ with its formative platform in 1919 defining its priorities as working ‘in the interests of the community as a whole’ and for ‘national progress and development’
Our Party's History
How did the NSW Nationals come about? Who was the brainchild of the coalition? If we started as the Progressive Party, how did we get the name we have today? How many country-based Prime Ministers
Contact us to secure your copy of Paul Davey’s latest book: Robust and Resilient: a Centenary of Achievement – National Party of Australia – NSW
Robust and Resilient: $20
Centenary Gala Photos
Were you at our Gala Dinner? If your photo was taken, you can request a digital copy by filling out the form below.
As we celebrate a centenary of achievement for communities around New South Wales, a unique opportunity is available to members to join the NSW Nationals Centenary Club.
In return for their financial support of this initiative, Centenary Club members will join the Centenary Club Roll and receive a range of benefits throughout our Centenary Year.
The Centenary Club is your opportunity to mark your place in the party’s history books.
- Limited-edition Centenary Club lapel pin
- Access to a schedule of exclusive Centenary events with members of our Parliamentary Team
- Certificate of Appreciation
- Listed in the Centenary Club Roll
The Robust and Resilient Rose has been selected and named by the NSW Nationals as a perpetual ornamental keepsake of our Centenary of Achievement.
This rose produces an abundance of crisp golden blooms on each stem that are accompanied by a strong candy & liquorice perfume. Place your orders today to ensure you don’t miss out on this unique opportunity! Plants will be ready to ship in late September.
Got a memory to share?
Got a legendary campaign story? Had a crackup at Conference?
Saw your local member give a great one-liner to the opposition?
There’s 100 years of fantastic stories about The Nationals, from the biggest of events to the smallest of meetings, and they’re all part of our rich history. It’s important we take the time to celebrate what makes us great: Our people.
Submit your favourite memory of the NSW Nationals for a chance for it to feature in The Leader, or in an upcoming edition of our weekly email The Roundup.
Host an event
Nominate your local branch, SEC or FEC to hold an event.
Continuing our legacy
Help us continue to be a powerful regional voice for the next 100 years.