Recognising our Local Sporting Champions
At a Local Sporting Champions morning tea held in Lismore, Kevin Hogan, Federal member for Page, presented ten local teenagers with a $500 cheque to help them on their way.
“I’m very pleased to help these teenagers follow their dreams,” Kevin Hogan said. “Those who are receiving awards have excelled themselves representing the Northern Rivers on the national and state stage.”
“The Northern Rivers has produced some outstanding sportspeople in the past, and it is important that we support the next crop of our local sporting talent,” Kevin Hogan said.
“I encourage any budding champions out there who have the opportunity of competing at a state, national or international event to apply for a grant by contacting my office or checking out the website ausport.gov.au,” Kevin Hogan said.
In no order, our latest crop of Northern Rivers Sporting Champions are:
- Samuel Siddon - Casino - State U12 Tennis
- Tylah Robinson - Casino - NSW PSSA Tennis
- Zanthi Gaiter - Broadwater - NSW PSSA Soccer
- Isabella McDonald - Goonellabah - NSW State Sports Aerobics
- Mitchell Fawcett - Goonellabah - Country Rugby Union Championships
- Indi Conlon - Alstonville - State Bowls Championships
- Harry Hall - Wyralla - State Trampoline Championships
- Adam Weule - Alstonville - State Bowls Championships
- James Palmer - Meerschaum Vale - Australian Rugby Union Scholarship
- Anna Margraf - Alstonville - National Youth Soccer Championships
- Shallin Fuller - Woodenbong - National Youth Touch Championships
- Aiden Yourell - Evans Head - Pacific National School Swimming Games
- Brady Toniello - Lismore - PSSA State Soccer
- Jay Thomson - Evans Head - Australian Long Board Surfing Titles
- Zackery McMahon - Evans Head - NRMA NSW Junior Surfing Titles
- Byron Delmont - East Lismore - NSW State Gymnastics
For more information about the program, go to www.ausport.gov.au/participating/schools_and_juniors/local_sporting_champions