Niall Blair revamps Local Land Service chairs
The Local Land Services Board has received an important shakeup with 11 new Local Land Services chairs and 34 local board members appointed to lead for the next three years.
Minister for Primary Industries, Niall Blair, has selected chairpersons with experienced local knowledge and who will bring new opportunities for community connections.
Over 400 people applied for the positions and Niall believes a 'changing of the guard' will give the boards a vast range of experience, allowing for the best possible outcomes to be achieved for each region.
“After a rigorous recruitment process, I have appointed a balance of both new and experienced people…to ensure there is independent representation, strong governance and a good understanding of what’s needed in regional areas,” Minister Blair said.
“The appointment of chairs and board members will work together with locally-elected board members to focus on the strategic direction of the organization, promote services and build strong relationships with investors on the ground.”
Every three years, the minister appoints three local board members and a chair to each regional board, while ratepayers elect the remaining members.
The government-appointed positions are:
- Central Tablelands Chair: Ian Rogan, Millthorpe. Appointed Board members: Tess Herbert, Eugowra; Pip Job, Geurie; and Reg Kidd, Orange.
- Central West Chair: Susan Madden, Dubbo. Appointed Board members: Ross Sawtell, Dubbo; Emma Thomas, Forbes; Christine White, Coolah Greater.
- Sydney Chair: Terry Charlton, Turramurra. Appointed Board members: Nigel Milan, Moss Vale; David Palmer, Mittagong; and the Hon Robert Webster, McMahons Point.
- Hunter Chair: Lindy Hyam, Lorn. Appointed Board members: James Clark, Anambah; Tony Hegarty, Cassilis; Daryl Dutton, Scone.
- Murray Chair: Richard Bull, Holbrook.Appointed Board Members: Jennifer Hehir, Finley; Terry Gorman, Balranald; David Wolfenden, Rand.
- North Coast Chair: Bob Smith, Mylestom. Appointed Board members: Mark Bulley, Port Macquarie; Tom Cooper, Bonalbo.
- North West Chair: Conrad Bolton, Wee Waa. Appointed Board members: Richard Clark, Boggabilla; Rebecca Reardon, Moree; and Russell Webb, Duri.
- Northern Tablelands Chair: Hans Hietbrink, Guyra. Appointed Board members: Jim Benton, Glen Innes; Graham Marriott, Inverell; Maria Woods, Walcha.
- Riverina Chair: Barney Hyams, Batlow. Appointed Board members: Elke Cleverdon, Young; Diana Gibbs, Eunanoreenya; Tony Wallace, Murringo.
- South East Chair: David Mitchell, Delegate. Appointed Board members: Ken Baxter, Robertson; Ian Denney, Grabben Gullen; Alison Hodgkinson, Yass.
- Western Chair: Ben Barlow, Corowa. Appointed Board members: Magnus Aitken, Conargo; Nicole Byrnes, Pooncarie; Justin McClure, Tilpa; and Marie Russell AM, Cobar.
We know they will do a stellar job as part of teams elected to represent the people of regional NSW.
Ratepayers in local communities will elect the remaining members of the board, with elections set to occur in May.
For additional information about the upcoming elections, you can go to any Local Land Services office or online at www.lls.nsw.gov.au.