Federal Member for Page Kevin Hogan has opened the redeveloped Casino Emergency Department.
“It is great that the Federal government was able to deliver $3 million dollars to ensure that emergency services could continue to be delivered in Casino.” Kevin Hogan said.
Thanks to the Federal Government grant the Northern NSW Local Health District has been able to build at the Casino Hospital:
- A new triage area;
- Two new resuscitation bays;
- A redesigned Ambulance Entry for all weather conditions and to provide safer entry and exit of Ambulances;
- Four new treatment bays;
- Relocation of the ED waiting area to be in close proximity to Reception and Triage;
- Piped medical gasses provided into the ED Resuscitation Bays;
- A multifunctional Safe Assessment Room;
- A dedicated ED staff room;
- A Public Toilet in closer proximity to the Waiting Room and in view of the Reception/Triage areas;
- A refurbished Clean Utility Room; and
- Improved security for the entire ED.
This major upgrade is wonderful news for the Casino Hospital ED staff, patients and the wider community.