Health the winner for Lismore budget
Nationals Member for Lismore Thomas George MP is thrilled with the record NSW Budget. The underlying surplus for 2015-16 is estimated at $712.6 million and in each year of the forward estimates surpluses are forecast. When our reforms to transport assets are included, the 2015-16 surplus is $2.5 billion.
The hard work of the NSW Government over the last four years is now benefitting everyone across the state.
“I am extremely pleased that funding has been allocated for Stage 3b of Lismore Base Hospital’s redevelopment.
“This will mean construction will continue seamlessly through to completion,” Mr George said.
Health Budget allocations are -
- $26.8 million for completion of Stage 3a of the Lismore Hospital redevelopment
- $30.2 million toward Stage 3b of the hospital redevelopment.
- $5.693 million Lismore Base Hospital carpark
- Planning for the new Bonalbo MPS
In addition to health, the following funding has been provided –
- $6.775 million to local councils for road maintenance
- $3 million to complete repainting of bridge over Wilsons River in Lismore
- Works on the Summerland Way & Bruxner Highway
- $3.5 million for planning completion for replacement of Tabulam Bridge
- $2.2 million for aboriginal housing
- $1.162 million social housing upgrades
- $997,000 community transport