With the 2016 NSW Nationals Annual General Conference to be held on 26-28 May, the deadline for motion submissions is quickly approaching. Unlike other parties, we call on all our members to have their say at Conference in an open and transparent forum. Our process is unique and your vote at Conference forms the foundations of this great Party and sets the agenda for our Parliamentary teams.
This year the Agenda Committee took a recommendation from the Leader's Taskforce and asked our Parliamentary team to provide a list of broad policy areas that they would like direction on from the Party membership.
These are policy areas that state team will be addressing in Parliament over the coming year, and they'd like your input. While Branches and Electorate Councils are discussing motions to submit to the Agenda Committee for Conference, we hope you’ll consider the list below and give our Parliamentary team some grassroots direction:
- The next round of capital funding for district level hospitals
- The role of pharmacists in providing primary health care in regional areas
- Local Government
- Community grant funding
- Social housing
- Regional planning (the need to reduce approval time and simplify process)
- Biodiversity review and the new Act (in particular the length of the process)
- Private native forestry being removed from the definition of land clearing
- Forestry haulage contracts and future harvest contracts
- Pests (in particular wild dogs).
With motion submissions due to close on 11 March, please remember to bring ideas and proposed motions to your next local Branch or Electorate Council meeting.