Funding for Black Spots in Parkes Electorate
Assistant Minister for Infrastructure and Regional Development, Jamie Briggs MP, and Member for Parkes, Mr Mark Coulton MP, have announced funding of $3,668,000 to fix 12 dangerous black spots on local roads.
The approved projects are:
- Gollan Road in the Wellington Council area - $615,000.
- Mookerawa Road in the Wellington Council area - $510,000.
- Coonabarabran Road in the Warrumbungle Shire Council area - $500,000.
- Lue Road in the Mid Western Regional Council area - $1,146,500 for four sections.
- Black Stump Way in the Warrumbungle Shire Council area - $574,000 for two sections.
- Tabratong Crossing Road in Lachlan Shire Council area - $143,000.
- Brewarrina-Goodooga Road in Brewarrina Shire Council area - $90,000.
- Warren-Quambone Road in the Warren Shire Council area - $89,500.
The projects were recommended by a panel of independent road safety experts and will be delivered during the course of the coming financial year (2015-16).
Mr Coulton said this investment in black spot projects will deliver safer and more efficient roads for Parkes through targeted upgrades proven to deliver results.
“Black spot projects target dangerous roads to save lives and reduce road trauma, ensuring our local road network is safer for motorists, cyclists and pedestrians,” Mr Coulton said.
“The good thing about the Black Spot Programme is that anyone can suggest an intersection or section of road they believe should be considered for a safety upgrade”.
Mr Briggs said the Australian Government's record commitment of $500 million to the Black Spot Programme in the 2014 Budget would fix more roads than ever before and fast-track better roads.
“As a result of our additional investment, an extra 110 projects will be funded in New South Wales over 2015-16,” Mr Briggs said.
Further information and nomination forms can be downloaded from: http://investment.infrastructure.gov.au/funding/blackspots/index.aspx