Funding boost for local sport
Member for Port Macquarie, Leslie Williams has today announced more than $49,600 in NSW Government funding for a number of local sporting organisations as part of the 2016/17 Local Sport Grant Program.
The funding will be used for a range of sports including cycling, rugby, golf, cricket paddling and rowing.
“The main aim of this program is to increase regular and on-going participation opportunities in sport and active recreation in NSW,” Mrs Williams said.
“Sport is a huge part of our way of life and the NSW Government recognises how important it is to our communities, for both social and health reasons.
“I am pleased that the NSW Government has been able to provide funding assistance to enable improvements to be carried out.”
Sporting groups receiving funding include;
- $20,000 to the Port Macquarie Junior Cricket Club to upgrade training wickets at Stuart Park
- $11,130 for the Port Macquarie Cycling Club for a variety of training and sports development improvements
- $9,687 for the Kew Country Club to improve irrigation of the golf cours
- $5,000 to Mid North Coast Rugby Union to assist with the hosting of the 2017 NSW Country Rugby Union Championships
- $3,200 awarded to the Port Macquarie Rowing Club to upgrade boat storage facilities
- $1,791 for Flamin’ Dragons Port Macquarie to purchase stroke and speech coach equipment
“The NSW Government is committed to delivering the best infrastructure to the people of NSW and I look forward to seeing the benefits of this upgrade for our community,” Mrs Williams said.