Applications for Dairy Industry Fund closing soon
Minister for Primary Industries Katrina Hodgkinson is reminding potential applicants to the NSW Government’s Dairy Industry Fund that project proposals must be submitted by Friday 6 February 2015.
Ms Hodgkinson said the $1 million fund has been established to support projects that will contribute to the growth and efficiency of the NSW dairy industry.
“The NSW Government has a clear plan to grow our dairy sector, and this initiative supports a key goal set out in the NSW Agriculture Industry Action Plan – to build a profitable and productive industry in NSW,” Ms Hodgkinson said.
“We are looking for applications for project proposals which can demonstrate a value-add to NSW’s dairy industry,” Ms Hodgkinson said.
“Funding applications are open to individuals, consultants, not-for-profit organisations, universities, research organisations, state and local Government organisations, and farmer and community groups – and we also welcome joint applications.
“With only two weeks remaining before applications close, now is the time to complete your project proposal for consideration and assessment by the Dairy Industry Fund Advisory Committee.
“This important sector produces more than one billion litres of milk and contributes $1.25 billion to our economy each year, which is why the NSW - Government has put in place measures to ensure its long-term resilience, profitability and sustainability.”
The types of projects eligible for funding will address one or more of the following:
- improving the productivity and profitability of dairy farmers;
- the management of human capital and natural resources;
- the management of livestock to create welfare outcomes while ensuring a social license to operate;
- increasing the value of dairy products through post farm gate development and the creation of supply chain efficiencies;
- building the capacity of dairy farmers to understand whole farm business performance;
- developing farmers’ confidence and capacity to grow.
Detailed guidelines are available on the Department of Primary Industries (DPI) website to provide advice on preparing applications and the assessment criteria.
The application form and the guidelines are available at www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/agriculture/livestock/dairy-cattle/dairy-industry-fund or phone (02) 6391 3162.