Anderson welcomes budget investment for Tamworth
Member for Tamworth Kevin Anderson has announced that the 2015-16 State Budget has delivered significant funding for Tamworth.
Mr Anderson said that he is focused on building a better region and today’s Budget reflects that commitment with funding announced for important projects in and around Tamworth.
Projects for Tamworth that have received funding in this year’s budget include:
- $1.5 million for the completion of the $8 million Tangaratta Creek bridge as part of a big $30 million roads budget
- $5.5 million for Chaffey Dam Augmentation
- $10.4 million for the Chaffey Dam Upgrade Phase 2
- $200,000 for the relocation of the $3.5 million Parry School
- $30 million allocated for stage 2 of the Tamworth Hospital Redevelopment
- $1 million for the Northern Inland Centre of Excellence
- $50 million for the Oxley Highway to improve safety and travel times
“Upgrading and maintaining our road networks is vital, not only for the safety of drivers but also for our freight networks.
“I am committed to improving safety on our roads across the region and this investment reflects that commitment.
“It is great to see the final instalment for the redevelopment of the Tamworth Hospital as this state of the art facility nears completion.
“It is also great to see continued maintenance of public facilities and support for our frontline services such as our nurses, police, ambulance officers, teachers and firefighters.
“Continuing to build the infrastructure we need like roads, hospitals and schools forms a big part of job creation and keeps our economy strong.
“The Tamworth electorate is growing and it is my job to ensure that funding flows to get the facilities and services we need and continue to build a better region,” Mr Anderson concluded.